Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Bloom & Grow

Here is another page I made for our class the other day. I am loving these gorgeous papers in the Urban Garden series. I based my page on this sketch on the Pagemaps website.

I love that it uses a large portion of patterned paper, but what drew my attention was the foliage at the side of the photo. On my layout I used a stamp from the Echoes of Kindness hostess set, stamped in Not Quite Navy and watercoloured using the ink (press the closed inkpad in the centre then open to reveal a puddle of ink inside the lid).

For the title I used a nestabilities die on basic gray, with a scalloped border in Kiwi Kiss. Somehow the words of Edelweiss popped into my head, so I used them for the journalling and title. Laura does greet me every morning, and seem happy to meet me! She is soft and white, clear and bright (but I didn't include all that on my page!)

A bit of machine stitching around the edge finished off my title , and I also stitched around the patterned paper and distressed all the edges for a softer look.

1 comment:

Marelle Taylor said...

This is so pretty Fiona! I wish I could scrapbook as well as you!