Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Step It Up Challenge

Marelle challenged us to create a card, and then "step it up" by adding to the original card design. This is my first card. I used the Pocket Silhouettes and Sincere Salutations stamp sets, and the gorgeous Urban Garden DSP, and chocolate chip taffeta ribbon. It's a quick, effective card with a nice clean design.

This is my second card (apologies for the photo -having a few technical issues). Same basic elements, but I softened the look and added more layers. To soften the design I distressed and/or daubed every layer. The Old Olive card layer and the DSP are distressed on the edges, I also daubed Kiwi Kiss on the DSP and on the circle and punch shapes. I roughed up the scallop circle with my fingernails and scissors, and added a little Pink Pirouette behind the ribbon (daubed with Pink Pirouette, of course) and stamped a few little pink flowers on the greeting. I also added a couple of bronze brads, and a knot to the ribbon.


Everyone has different taste - which one do YOU like best?

3 comments:

Marelle Taylor said...

I love the 'olde world' feeling of your stepped up version! Thanks for joining in the challenge Fiona!

the wild raspberry said...

i like the antiqued version best but they are both lovely!
have a wonderful night.
chasity

Anonymous said...

this is a year later comment but I just saw your blog. I like the second one with the soft touches as well. I am new to paper crafts and this is a great example how I can fancy up my work
thanks for posting