Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Storybook Friends Hello


Hello!

I've been so busy running Stampin' Up! events
(amongst other things)

that I've not had time to blog.


But now it's school holidays

I've got some time to catch you up 

with all my stamping projects.

Including this cute card I made just this afternoon.


I've loved the Storybook Friends stamp set from the moment 

I saw them, so when Stampin' Up! gave me an extra

birthday discount

I decided to buy this sweet set.

I love the old-fashioned images, 

and I love watercolouring them.

The set arrived this morning

and I'm already putting it to use!

After I stamped and coloured the duckling

 I used a scrap of happy stripes

from the Storytime DSP

and a flower-shaped button sewn on with twine\

to up the cute factor.

Materials:

Storytime Designer Series Paper
Stayzon black ink
Watercolor Wonder Crayons
Aqua Painter
2 1/2" circle punch
Wild Wasabi card and 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon
So Saffron card
Watercolour paper (not SU!, I can't find mine anywhere!)
Storybook Friends DSP
Scallop Edge punch
Brights Designer Buttons
Cherry Cobbler twine

Edited to add:  After I posted this card I checked 
this week's CASE Study Challenge
and lo and behold I had coincidentally used 
some of the same elements as the inspiration card!
The stripes, a cute image, a stitched button ...
So in I jumped!
Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Teneale Williams said...

Very cute card, I love that set but just have not ordered it yet. Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study